Old 16-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Sue da Nimm

Default Pull Starting.

"Brian" wrote in message
I have absolutely no intention of being controversial, bigoted or
sexist~~ please believe. I have great respect for all lady gardeners.
Quite simply; is it possible for a normal[whatever that means!] lady

pull-start any garden machinery?.
With the best of intentions and expectations I have seen many try but
none succeed~~ unless I have only seen the failures.

snip

Sorry - rest of post obscured by red mist!

I am quite capable of pull-starting my mower, rotovator, chain saw and
brush-cutter. My wimp of a husband can manage the mower but leaves the rest
to me.
In my prime I could also kick start a temperamental pre-unit Triumph
Bonneville - but his Lordship found it all a bit too threatening, so I took
up pottering about in a Volvo.