Old 16-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Brian

Default tulips

"Phil Jones" wrote in message
.. .
hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from a
store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let

the
flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil

Snip off the dead flower and care for them till the leaves start to
yellow. At that time you can lift them for replanting or leave them in
position for next year.
Tulips are notorious for not flowering well in following years. The bulbs
are sold when able to flower the next spring but from then on it's a matter
of luck. Daffodils are the most reliable repeaters.
Best Wishes. Brian.