Old 17-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Myal

Default Growing poppies legal?

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote in
:

On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:47:01 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:05:06 GMT, "Breezy"
wrote:

"Ignoramus12481" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
Cereus-validus
wrote:

I have some poppy seeds in my pantry, I do not even know if they
are still alive. I put some on a wet paper towel, will see if they
are dead or not.

Those poppy seeds in your pantry may be opium poppy seeds. To be US
legal they roast them before import. Are they black? roasted. or
brown? unroasted, probably very old.

One should note, that if your daily breakfast has a poppy seed bagel
or roll in it..you may indeed test positive at your next drug
screening.

Its a fairly common false positive, and I believe that the followup
test to determine the exact substance will show it to be the seeds,
but many companies dont pay for the followup, and you may be screwed.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

And the common drug for Asthma, albuterol, will show up as a false
positive for marijuana.

I used to get positives for opiates pretty regular , from the pain killers
I used , codine sets off al kinds of bells and whistles aparently .

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly