Old 17-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Hornets

The message
from Malcolm contains these words:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from martin contains these words:

I can i get them to stay away?

jam jar half filled with water will, get them to stay forever.

Hornets are protected.

No, I don't think they have any protection under UK law. However, as
several people have said, they are rarely aggressive and should be left
alone.

My information is that they are. I once spent a winter with five queen
hornets lurking somewhere in my bedroom.

When they woke up and I let them out they set off in the direction of
Heathrow.......

(And yes, I do know the difference between queen hornets and queen wasps!)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/