Old 17-05-2004, 04:13 AM
steve evans

Default Recovery from Heron Attack???

Does anyone know how many fish and how big a fish herons will eat? We
have a 1/2 acre pond ,20 years old that we stocked with bluegills and
bass. For years we could catch as many as we wanted at any time. This
year I have fished twice for an hour or so, and have caught nothing but
2 4-5" bullheads. We have never caught a bullhead in 20 years. We have
herons at the pond several times a day. Where have all the
bluegills/bass gone? I have never seen a dead fish inthe pond. The deep
end is 10-12 feet. There seems to be more algae than normal. The bottom
is all marl. Thanks for any thoughts you might have. We are inMichigan.
Steve