Old 17-05-2004, 06:03 AM
gary davis

Default anybody use coffee grounds

On 5/13/04 8:11 PM, in article , "Barbara
Yanus" wrote:

My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the
janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and
around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my
compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.

Bebra

NE PA
zone 6b

"nina" wrote in message

"gord" wrote in message
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the
grass
with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am
concerned
it may be too acidic.

My roses seem to like it.

I have heard that it kills slugs....I haven't had a chance to confirm by my
own experience. Is there anyone that has?
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada
PS: I use coffee grounds all the time in my compost...not sure what it
really does there but it is definitely compostable. And the worms (my
buddies) seem to like it.