Old 17-05-2004, 08:08 AM
graham feeley

Default Chokos

Recipes For Chokos:
Yes as Len Gardener says cut them in half, steam them and serve them in a
white sauce.
It is a bland vegetable but can grow on you.
Coming from a poor family when i was a kid my mother peeled them, cut in
half long ways added 2 pears peeled and cut the same way and then poached
them in a sugar syrup till soft, this was served with custard.
I never knew till years later that this was chokos, Mum always said we have
Pears with custard tonight (fooled me)
So virtually one can use your imagination with this vegetable.
Some cooks subtiute chokos with apple in a apple pie.
Thanks for all the info on growing chokos!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Graham
"len gardener" wrote in message
news
g'day cristian,

yes steamed, and served with a white sauce goes down well. if you want
to do like they used to after the war put some chokos chopped up into
a pot put with either a cooking apple or 2 or likewise with pears stew
them up and serve however you want to use stewed pear or apple, the
chokos take on the flavour of the fruits.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment