Old 17-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Malcolm

Default Hornets

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from Malcolm contains these words:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from martin contains these words:

I can i get them to stay away?

jam jar half filled with water will, get them to stay forever.

Hornets are protected.

No, I don't think they have any protection under UK law. However, as
several people have said, they are rarely aggressive and should be left
alone.

My information is that they are.

Well, they aren't listed on any schedule of the W&C Act so far as I can
see, so where does your information come from?

I once spent a winter with five queen
hornets lurking somewhere in my bedroom.

Wow!

When they woke up and I let them out they set off in the direction of
Heathrow.......

I hope you phoned Air Traffic :-)

(And yes, I do know the difference between queen hornets and queen wasps!)

Once seen, never forgotten, I agree.

--
Malcolm