Old 17-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Mark Allison

Default Sharpening seceteurs

Bob Hobden wrote:

An extra coarse for the Axe, Rotary Mower and possibly the shears, but a
fine (red?) for the others would be about right as they need a really good
quality cutting edge. (it's the one I use) The red one is also the one for
kitchen knives etc.

Got mine at a "Good Food" show Sue dragged me around, was a bit cheaper
there so keep a look out and you may find them a little cheaper. Maybe your
local good proper tool shop has them.

Bob,

I notice that the pocket stones with folding handles are almost three
times the price of the same size stone without a handle. Does the handle
really make all the difference? Do you think it's worth the money? i.e.
am I going to find it very difficult to sharpen my tools without a handle?

I'm clueless on these matters, so would appreciate some guidance. I'm
thinking of buying the extra coarse and the fine as you suggested. Thanks.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk