Old 17-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Frogleg

Default Pull Starting.

On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:50:08 +0100, "Brian"
wrote:

I have absolutely no intention of being controversial, bigoted or
sexist~~ please believe. I have great respect for all lady gardeners.
Quite simply; is it possible for a normal[whatever that means!] lady to
pull-start any garden machinery?.

Ask Charlie Dimmock!

Absolutely. Perhaps males have a lower frustration threshold, because
I've seen *them* try 50 times before starting a motor. Women just
won't put up with such nonsense. If it doesn't start after 5 or 6
pulls, there's something wrong with it and it needs to be fixed.

It is generally accepted that males have greater 'upper body strength'
on average, which could account for some difference in the force of
the pull.

BTW, a gasoline mower will start more easily if it's brought out of a
shed and left in the sun for half an hour or so before trying to
start.