Old 17-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Recycle builders bag for compost container? - update

"Tony Williams" wrote in message
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

In my long experience the right worms will find their way in and
make it their home/brothel/maternity unit ... you don't need to
introduce them. Honestly.

The mfr's data does suggest standing the compost bin
onto bare soil, and nature will do the rest. But one
serious problem with doing that (around here anyway)
is that it attracts rats, who find it easy to dig a
small entry hole under lip of the bin, and there
they are, got themselves a nice, warm nest, with
plenty of worms in the pantry.... Billy Butlins.

I reckon that if rats want to get into anything less than a very substantial
plastic or, of course, metal container they will.

Mary

--
Tony Williams.