Old 17-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Ignoramus4854

Default Easiest method of removing old sod

Yesterday, I prepared an area for planting horseradish, rhubarb and
ginger root. I removed all old grass with a layer of sod and tossed on
the compost pile. Do do this, I simply undercut the sod with a shovel,
with a kind of "bayonet like" movement of shovel. It was painful and a
lot of effort.

We are thinking about planting new lawn in another area, and I would
like to remove old sod to keep it weed free. The question is, what is
the most economical way (effort-wise)to do so? Is a "sod cutter" a
good way to go?

Also, what can I do with a large quanity of old dead sod. I have a
compost pile, which is comprised of old leaves, new grass, and chicken
manure (2 chickens). Would it do well in a compost pile?

char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}"; main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."