Old 17-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Al Dykes

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

In article et,
Rez wrote:
In article , Katra wrote:
Despite this abuse, and being pruned once by sheep, they grew into
monstrous bushes and had lots of fruit. Tomatoes evidently are too
dumb to know when they're dead.

The only thing they are unforgiving about is lack of fertilizer... Even

Yep, that was about the only thing that would slow 'em down.

then they will produce, but the plants just stay small. I'm running into

Here if you don't at least give them some manure, they don't do much
but sit there looking pale and pathetic (our soil has NO nitrogen).
But it takes very little to turn them into man-eating monsters, as the
ones fertilized only with insecticidal soap demonstrated

How hard is it to over-fertilize ?

--
Al Dykes