Old 17-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Rez

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article , Katra wrote:
In article . net,
(Rez) wrote:
I like pigeons, they're cool birds. We have a few dove here but no
pigeons. I've thought about starting a colony, at least once I get the
shop building closed off enough that they don't decide to live in
there!

Yeah, they will nest anywhere that provides convenient shelving, and it
can get rather poopy.

It already does with just sparrows nesting in there.

Being lazy, I usually feed my pigeons and chickens (when I have 'em,
none right now) dog food, same as the dogs eat.

That sounds expensive!
Sure won't hurt them tho'.
Chicken and pigeon feed is about $7.00 for 50 lbs.
Dog food is twice that...

But they eat half as much of it, and they do better. My 14 year old
pigeon was like a young bird and was fixin' to break the world record
(18 yrs; lost him cuz one of the dogs got out and got into the cage
and I had yard chickens that made it to 12 years old!

Most of my pigeons eat pretty much for free since they fly free, but
they do gather around for the morning scratch feedings in the henyard.

Why turn down free meals?

In fact when I toss 'em grain, they'll get all
excited the way birds do, rush over to the feed -- stop short and look
at me like "What's this crap? What are you trying to push on us??!"

Hee! ;-)
I don't blame them. Dog food is higher in protien!

And apparently far more appealing!

~REZ~