Old 17-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Ka30P

Default Recovery from Heron Attack???

Bullheads like murky water and thrive
in it.
They are considered a game fish
(not sure why, they don't look very tasty ;-)
I'm curious, where did the bullheads come from?
Does the pond have an inlet from a creek or stream?
In Oregon (right next door to us) I read an article about 'bucket biologists'.
People who decide to 'stock' their favorite lake with an exotic or illegal fish
for all sorts of different reasons. They dump in the fish and 10-20 years later
the lake has a huge problem with the introduced fish changing the ecological
balance.

Another option for you is to contact your fish and wildlife office. It is in
their best interest to keep all lakes in the state healthy. They might have
reasons for you and suggestion about the algae bloom. Not sure about the
bullheads since they are listed as a game fish.

kathy :-)