Old 17-05-2004, 06:16 PM
martin

Default mower or strimmer

On Mon, 17 May 2004 17:26:18 +0100, "Bob"
wrote:

"Big Dave" wrote in message
Hello all. I am a newbie gardener. I have a lawn growing that is approx 10
feet sq. I need a cheap mower. I have seen one in argos / index for £22.
Will it suffice or will I need a better one? also, what about a strimmer
type thing to do the lawn with? any good?

many thanks

big dave the non gardner

For a small area like that, it's not worth spending a great deal on a
mower - it won't be used enough to wear out. I wouldn't try to use a
strimmer on the lawn - you won't get a neat finish, although you might want
to buy one to do the edges with, if the mower can't get to them

Big Dave could probably get something suitable for cutting his lawn at
a car boot sale.