Old 17-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Recycle builders bag for compost container? - update

"Tony Williams" wrote in message
In article ,

I reckon that if rats want to get into anything less than a very
substantial plastic or, of course, metal container they will.

The best compost bin we ever had was a simple
kit of 5x squares of strong mesh wire, about
48x48" per side, and with about a 1" mesh.
Clip together the 4 sides, then the base. Fill
the thing up, turn your back on it, and the
level had sunk. Took a couple of years to
finally fill it. When dug out there were
thousands of tiny red worms at the bottom.
Are they what are called Tiger worms?

I've no idea. All I know is that they're not earthworms and our hens won't
eat them. They smell like the ones I used to use for angling (fifty years
ago and I don't think they were given names then) but the smell might not be
exclusive to one type of worm. A rose by any other name ...

As long as they do the dibs it's not important, is it? I was about to
suggest asking u.r.g. then noticed that this is crossposted!

Mary

--
Tony Williams.