Old 17-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Rod

Default Pull Starting.

On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:50:08 +0100, "Brian"
wrote:

I have absolutely no intention of being controversial, bigoted or
sexist~~ please believe. I have great respect for all lady gardeners.
Quite simply; is it possible for a normal[whatever that means!] lady to
pull-start any garden machinery?.
With the best of intentions and expectations I have seen many try but
none succeed~~ unless I have only seen the failures.

Better not say that in the hearing of some of the lady gardeners I've
worked with.

I have never seen this system before. Was most impressed.
Regards, respect and best wishes. Brian.'flayb' to respond.

There was something different but equally useful on the Hatz 2 stroke
diesels fitted to Howard Gem rotavators in the late 1960s. British
engines of that time had a decompression lever that was either on or
off - flick the lever over with the spare hand you don't have while
turning the engine with the other two, they were brutes on a cold
morning. With the Hatz you had a control which turned by about 3/4 of
a turn. You then turned the engine and you could use both hands
because you didn't need to do anything else. As you turned the engine
the decompressor indexed round progressively increasing compression
'til the engine fired.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply