Old 17-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Vox Humana

Default reseeding annuals

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
I have a bed in front of my house (part sun, northern exposure) where I've
tried some annuals that are supposed to reseed (marigolds, sweet allysum,
coreopsis, and something else I can't remember now), but nothing ever

comes
back. I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing to encourage
them, short of collecting seeds & sowing them the next spring.

I have had impatiens, coleus, torenia, snapdragons, and alyssum re-seed.
Of course they are rather late in appearing and often show up in small
quantities and in places that aren't appreciated. If you use a lot of
Preen, you will probably not get many volunteers.