Old 17-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Pull Starting.

Brian wrote:

I have absolutely no intention of being controversial, bigoted or
sexist~~ please believe. I have great respect for all lady gardeners.
Quite simply; is it possible for a normal[whatever that means!] lady
to pull-start any garden machinery?.

Of course!!! I can quite happily pull start my petrol lawn mower (B&S
whatever it is engine, 18" blade rotary). Mind you I did make sure I could
before I bought it ;-)

There is a knack to it, rather than strength.

You're not the only bloke to have asked this though - while out mowing the
lawn last year, I had a bloke pull his car over and stop to ask me about
the mower and "Do you think my wife will be able to start it?".

Sarah