Old 17-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Dr.

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

"Thomas" wrote in message
It won't bother it. In fact, there is a school of thought that to

increase
production of tomato flowers and fruits is to (literally) beat or flog the
plant. I have read of this many times, but not tried it. I've had plants
that have the main stalks split in half almost to the ground. They will
repair themselves and continue to produce.
you don't have to pamper your tomatoes.

Looks like I have nothing to worry about. The plant is looking great. Last
year I lost 3 seedlings to a rabbit that squeezed under the fence. This
year, I'm determined to have all survive.

Thanks,
Gary