Old 17-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Question - Bare Root Orchid Plants

Pat Brennan wrote:

No judging handbook here. But the last time GA came up someone posted that
they though it's use was against the regulations. Seemed weird to me so I
asked Alan and I expect is answer is pretty good, buttons or not. As I
wrote last time this topic came up, if there is an AOS judging list of
prohibited chemicals, hormones, and/or growth regulators I would love to
know what they are. Anyone have the handbook and a little spare time?

I have the handbook but very little spare time. I'll look anyway.
I'm pretty sure I would have come across a list of prohibited substances
should there have been one, although even the most experienced judges
don't have the thing memorized. Our whole team was looking through it
this weekend, for something that we don't deal with very often. I'll
make a full report tomorrow.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
4) LittlefrogFarm open for business - e-mail me for a list ) of minicatts and oncidiums