Old 17-05-2004, 11:16 PM
James Harris

Default [IBC] When to put bonsai outside?

I have several ficus trees, two of them are willow leaf. I put them all
outside for the summer when the night time low will not be any lower
than 50 degrees F. I live in S.E. Michigan so I experience similar
weather to yours. . All of them are placed where they will be in full
sun and they do very well.

Jim
S.E. Michigan, Zone 6

Kelly 5/16/04 12:41:53 PM

Hello all,

I have a willow leafed fig bonsai tree and I live in southern Ontario
Canada. It is springtime here, with temperatures warm during the day.
have been putting my fig outside during the day in the warm sun (which
would
probably be too hot during mid summer). The temperature could probably
go
to 5 degrees celsius at night time, so I have been bringing it inside.
Is
this unnecessary? Can it handle the chilly temperatures?

Also, during the summer when it is very hot, where is a good spot for
it?
Obviously not in full sun all day, but shade would be bad too. Any
tips?

Thank you,
Kelly

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++