Old 18-05-2004, 12:05 AM
H Hornblower

Default Easiest method of removing old sod

On 17 May 2004 16:45:33 GMT, Ignoramus4854
wrote:

In article , H Hornblower wrote:
The easiest way is to cover it with something that kills it
and wait till fall ( assuming it's spring where you are). Black
plastic works well, also newspaper covered with mulch.

maybe I can cover it with blue tarp until fall? (I already own three
huge blue tarps).

I am reluctant to use herbicides, because I recently planted four
fruit trees in that area. I want to plant grass around those
trees. The area is currenntly empty maybe 60%, and has bad grass and
weeds in another 40%.
char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}" ;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

The blue tarp should work. Roundup is OK around trees if you want to
go that way. I'd put newspaper and then grass clippings or mulch on
top around the trees. It would get rid of the grass and weeds and
build the soil. Worms love newspaper.