Old 18-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Mike B

Default Tree health question

Thanks Mike,

That's the advice I was seeking, and yes the tree in places has grown
around/over some of the metal in places. May have to remove some and leave
some. Thanks again
Mike
"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote in message
Remove all of the hardware, and let the air get at the wounds. If the tree
is healthy it'll eventually close around the openings. The hardware isn't
that big a deal to leave in place except that some unfortunate with a

chain
saw will discover them 40 years from now. The wood appressed to the

braches
and causing them to grow around is the real problem.

My 2 cents.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Mike B" wrote in message
Just bought a house. One of my trees has a kid's "tree fort" built onto

it
from previous owner. They used nails and huge bolts, some drilled

completely
through several limbs. I wish to remove the fort and am wondering if I
should remove the bolts and nails or if it would be better to leave them

as
is since they have been in place for 10 or more years.
Thanks for any advice.