Old 18-05-2004, 02:21 AM
Codswallop

Default [IBC] Juniper not looking so hot

On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:17:02 GMT, kevin bailey wrote in rec.arts.bonsai:

It sounds like you are overwatering. Junipers like to almost dry out
below the surface between waterings. Check the archives for "Persiano
pick" method, or "chopstick" for tips on how to do this effectively.

Yeah, I'd tried the "chopstick" method (actually, just with a toothpick,
which was probably a bit small) but since it's been getting colder it
was a bit hard to determine whether the pick was wet or simply cold.

If parts are already brown, it is probably dead. Sorry :-(

That's what I thought. The needles are slightly "prickly" but aren't
too shiny; I've read that prickly and shiny needles on a juniper
indicate it's stressed -- is this correct?

--
- Cods
(un ROT-13 to email)

Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.