Old 18-05-2004, 03:07 AM
Chuck

Default acer platanoides and Rootenone; sunburst locust and blue spruce

It is an auxin specific to root growth and elongation and I forget the name.

Chuck

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
At the moment I have 3 groups of cuttings that I am experimenting with.
I have the Crimson Red Norway maples and the shiners blue spruce and the
Sunburst honeylocust. I have called them "cuttings" all of my life but
see another term for this practice as "soil layering" or "tissue
layering". I wish someone would devise a nice science name for this
method of propagation because cuttings sounds too crude.

I was wondering what Rootenone growth hormone is composed of? I remember
it in youth as a whitish powder that was expensive but it worked better
than without.

I did not have any rootenone available when I made the cuttings of
maple, honeylocust and spruce. I remember in youth that yew trees are
easy to make cuttings of, so will see if maple, honeylocust and spruce
are also. I will be happy with a 33% success rate. And I wonder what the
success rate would have been if Rootenone was used.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.archimedesplutonium.com
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies