Old 18-05-2004, 04:11 AM
GoldLexus

Default Electric timer?

We have pond with a waterfall. The water fall is at a 14 ft. incline with a
submersible pump.
We run the waterfall only during the spring and summer and shut it off in
the fall/winter. We haven't
turned it on yet this season due to some leaking issues. Anyway when the
fall is running our electric bill
triples! We run it 24/7 but we would like to shut it off during the night.
Where can I get a timer for this purpose?
Would it hurt the pump turning it on and off everyday? It is a big pump and
runs on I believe 220 power. Sorry,
I don't know much about this we 'inherited' the pond/waterfall when we
bought the house and no very little about it. Last year was
our first year with it and it was very expensive to run. Just need to find
out how we can lower our electric bill thought a timer would
help a bit.