Old 18-05-2004, 05:11 AM
doofus

Default "Kwik Kerb" garden edging...

I have just gone thru the same .
After years of weeds & lawn invading my flower beds.
I laid recon limestone blocks from memory 400mm x 250mm x 100mm
laid approx 25mm below new couch lawn on creme cement with similar creme
joints approx 20mm wide.
Looks great & easy to do your self.....
I picked up a truck load of mulch from a tree feller for a carton, should
have got it for free as he would have to pay tip fees.
had it sitting for 6 months & laid it about 75-100mm thick .......
no more weekends weeding & any that do come are easily picked out.......
spread loads of dynamic lifter & animal manure prior to spreading mulch

very happy......

"Lindsay" wrote in message
Hi all...

I'm gunna remodel my front yard (with a fair bit of help from my
nursery owning friends!).. at the moment the garden edging is done with
red-gum sleepers (yuk!). We plan to spread out a bit, so we need approx
25-28 metres of edging done.

I'm looking for a new edging between lawn and garden. Kwik kerb
looks the goods, but seems expensive @ between $20 and $40 per metre.
($20 I'd be happy with, but for $20, I guess you get plain concrete
mower strip, and I'd like something with a 'little' more style

Anyone in Melbourne had it done? By whom? How much per metre?

(i'm thinking of doing it myself, but I'm not a concreter...!)

Regards

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN