Old 18-05-2004, 07:07 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Split Leaf Japanese Maple - Promoting Growth

(Rob Heyman) in
om:

We have a lovely small split leaf Japanese Maple, which is fully
leafed out at about 3/4 of it's circumference. The last 1/4 of the
circumference is fairly bare. What we would like to do is to force
the tree to fill out completely. Is there a way to force the tree to
start filling in this bare spot: for instance, can we attempt a graft
from another part of the tree in the bare area?
Thanks in advance

Rob Heyman

on some plants, you can motivate certain leaf buds by slightly
restricting circulation immediately above the bud.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ing+induce+bud