Old 18-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Ray Drouillard

Default tomato leaves eaten....

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"nswong" wrote:

Hi Katra,

I normally hate those things, but I'm also not afraid to just kill

the
rat when I find it in the glue trap so it won't suffer.

I don't like to kill animal, so I just wrap rat with newspaper and
throw it outside our fence to a bush, it will decompose to nothing
left within two months. The glue on rat will stick it with the
newspaper and make it unescapetable. I know this will make the rat
suffer, but as long as I don't see it with my eye, it's OK for me.
Think at it, most of my transplant are lost due to those rats, this
make me feel less guilty.

Rats here like to chew my transplant and even pull the transplant

out
from soil.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m

I agree...
The rats have made it difficult to transplant corn sprouts! :-P
I usually just toss the trap into a bucket of water and walk away for

10
minutes or so. If I don't have to watch, I can handle it.

When I catch rats by hand, I grab them by the tail and hit them hard
against the nearest cinder block or tree, and that kills them.

The other morning, I found two nests and managed to kill one adult
female and 16 young rats that way. I watch carefully for nesting

sites
and clean them out about once every couple of weeks.

K.

If you want to do things by hand, one of those propane weed burners
ought to do well -- and you won't have to touch the animal.

Ray