Old 18-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default server trouble :-(

That's a function of your ISP's message retention methodology. Some keep a message for "X" days,
and some until that newsgroup has accumulated "Y" megabytes of total, at which point the oldest go
away from their server.

That's one of the reasons some of us gripe about people posting excessively large images on ABPO, as
for some participants, it drastically shortens the time all of the images will be available on their
ISP's servers.

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
When I came home, I saw several new messages on rgo, and two of these
messages, when I clicked on them led to the message "this message is no
longer available on the server", and these were definitely new messages!
Could there have been other messages that did not even make it that far?
Maybe I am missing several fascinating new threads. :-( Grrr! Diana, I can
understand your frustration better now, and I wish I didn't.

Joanna