Old 18-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Gwenhyffar Milgi

Default Nettle Manu aka I'm in Trouble!

"Vicky" wrote in message

Did my first batch of nettle manure. Today, I used it. The family
hastily vacated the garden and are still barely speaking to me beyond "You
are NEVER using that stuff again - EVER!" Although the wesbite warned that it
was likely to be a bit whiffy, I was unprepared. Furthermore, I'm sure
said site claims that the smell goes away pretty quickly. An hour later
and it still pongs.

I did a 50/50 nettle/comfrey mix.

No, it doesn't whiff a little.

It absolutely bloomin' stinks to high heaven.

Still, if it makes the veggies grow and keep the slugs away, I suppose
I can stand it.

--
"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends -- it gives a lovely light"