Old 18-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Bob

Default White "green alkanet"

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Paul D.Smith" writes:
| Our garden is blessed/infested with green alkanet but this year we have

| new arrival - something that looks like green alkanet but has white

flowers
| instead of blue. Is this a common variation, a new plant or should I

be
| calling Kew Gardens?

There are several similar plants - comfrey for one - but it could
well be a white variant. It might be worth propagating if it is,
but I doubt that it will make your fortune.

Propagate alkanet? What kind of madness is this? I'd sooner feed it some
tasty RoundUp!

I thought I had cleared my garden of the stuff (which my wife calls "those
ugly cabbages"), but this year it's back with a vengeance :-(

Bob