Old 18-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Rez

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article , Katra wrote:
In article .net,
(Rez) wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to control rats without poisoning?
Traps dont' work. Rats are too smart.

Or get a Jack Russell terrier and don't feed it, so it has to hunt.
They're good rat dogs and have no qualms about eating rats.

I've considered that...
Will they eat chickens?
Most of the rats are in the henyard which is why they are here.
Plenty of food. :-(

Yeah, a dog will eat chickens too Cats generally leave chickens
alone (at least after their first good pecking but don't seem to be
much on killing rats.

Rats can survive on just manure for food, but they'll eat about
anything that doesn't eat them first.

That is why a water trap would not work unless I dumped water containers
every night. We do find them drowned in the emu's water buckets now and
then!

Rats are very curious and like to climb up into things, so even if
there is other water around, they still get into buckets and drown
(awww, so sad Also, dog food makes a great lure for rats and mice
-- see if you can rig something where they can smell it and will fall
into the water while trying to get to the dog food.

~REZ~