Old 18-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Ray

Default Fertilizing

Well, I've never heard that one. Maybe it's the case if you use a high-nitrogen fertilizer or
something, I don't know.

It just seems to me that flower growth and blooming is pretty energy intensive, so might actually be
a time to avoid starving the plant.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Go Gators" wrote in message
. ..
I had heard from some people that fertilizing while buds are forming might
cause them blast.

Thanks for the feedback.

"Ray" wrote in message
This is not meant as a shot at the originator of this query, but can

someone please tell my why one
would even consider stopping feeding when a plant is developing flowers or

is blooming?

I've heard that question any number of times, and cannot think of a reason

why that would even come
up.

"Tom Randy" wrote in message

On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:58:12 -0400, Go Gators wrote:

Should an orchid be fertilized once it has sent out a flower shoot??

Yes.