Old 18-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Paul D.Smith

Default White "green alkanet"

I have to ask what this easy method for removing it is? Where I live it has
roots about 18inches+ deep and pops up all over the place almost in the time
it takes to walk to the compost bin with the previous load.

Using it in Pimms sounds like a nice idea which I'd be totally sloshed if I
tried that as a method of containment ;-).

Paul DS.

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Bob" writes:

| Propagate alkanet? What kind of madness is this? I'd sooner feed it

some
| tasty RoundUp!
|
| I thought I had cleared my garden of the stuff (which my wife calls

"those
| ugly cabbages"), but this year it's back with a vengeance :-(

Well, a great many people like it. It grows like a weed around
here, but it is easy to remove from where you don't want it, and
is a decorative wild or semi-wild garden plant. The flowers make
an adequate borage substitute in Pimms, too :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.