Old 18-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default White "green alkanet"

In article ,
"Paul D.Smith" writes:
| I have to ask what this easy method for removing it is? Where I live it has
| roots about 18inches+ deep and pops up all over the place almost in the time
| it takes to walk to the compost bin with the previous load.

If you get it when it is relatively small, it is easy to pull out,
or they can be hoed.

If it is bigger, you need to dig it out, so that it breaks off
several inches down; it will rarely regrow from its deep roots.

Compare that with the nightmare weeds, and it is a doddle. It
is no harder to remove than many vegetables!

| Using it in Pimms sounds like a nice idea which I'd be totally sloshed if I
| tried that as a method of containment ;-).

It is quite vigorous, isn't it?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.