Old 18-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Elizabeth

Default bulb/shrub/tree identification help

Gene:
thanks for the information.

I posted some closeup images of the flower on shrub:
http://members.rogers.com/ruminda/gardens2.htm

sorry, the photos did not come out too clear; digital camera does not
zoom very well. the calyx appears to be green and tipped with orange,
not too heavy.

thanks again.

Gene Newcomb wrote in message ...
Bulb is probably one of the Allium (onion) species--perhaps A.
giganteum. Better identification might be possible when it is in bloom.
I'm not sure all of them have a distinctive odor, but try crushing the
leaf and see if you get an 'oniony/garlicy' smell..

Shrub photo is pretty unclear, but looks like a pomegranate from flower
color and leaf shape. Is the calyx of heavy texture and also red-orange
in color?

Tree is some flowering cherry cultivar. Branching suggests it might be
'Kwanzan'.

Gene

Elizabeth wrote:

Hello,

I've posted some photos of some unidentified landscape items on my web
site:

http://members.rogers.com/ruminda/gardens2.htm

I moved in last July and most of the trees/shrubs/plants, etc. were
planted by the previous owners. We're trying to figure out what we
have in our gardens!

If anyone has some information to share on these things, I'd
appreciate it!

Thanks,
Elizabeth