Old 18-05-2004, 05:04 PM
eclectic

Default Garden Emergency

Oh yeah, those auxins can be a real problem with toddlers.

Your over protectiveness can never be enough.

You don't want her to become another Martha Stewart.

Is she out of diapers yet?

You may need to put her in a big plastic bubble!!!

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

(snip)

Those plants are replaceable. I am horrified that your daughter might
have been subjected to those toxins herself! White knuckle time!
Hope all works out well.

Is this really about over protectiveness and children at risk of becoming like
Martha Stewart? Martha would have had one of her people read the label. :-)

I think the issue is that the child had access to damaging materials, which were
used with complete ignorance without the parents' knowledge. At minimum they
should teach their children to read the labels so they can be better informed in
the future. I wouldn't think that "ivy killer" was safe on your skin, to get in
your eyes, or for you to inhale. I'll leave it at that.

Regards.