Old 18-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Michelle

Default tulips

trim off the flower and let the greens go they recharge the bulb for
next year and that is important for the ones at the store because they
are usually forced and that depleats the bulb so let the greens go
till they die.
good luck

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:12:14 -0500, "Phil Jones"
wrote:

hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from a
store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let the
flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil