Old 18-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Barry Brown

Default Mantis tiller carb/starting questions

Sorry... it doesn't have a primer bulb on it, and it only has 2 tubes - one
as a gas feed and one as a vent. Maybe it is an older model.

I guess my best route to go is to get a new carburetor, but if that doesn't
solve the problems I have I'll be more than a little ticked...

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11

PS... that email address is practically all spammed out already.

"Timothy" wrote in message
s.com...

This model 'should' have a primer bulb on it. This model 'should' also
have 3 tubes... 1 tube as a gas feed, 1 tube as a return to tank and 1
tube as a vent. Take another look and see if there are 3 tubes, if not
then I'm not all too sure then. Must be a rather old model I haven't seen
before.

When you take the carb off and apart you almost always have to
change all the paper seals. Even though you didn't rip them, the seals
compress only once. After that it's very if'ie that the seals will be air
tight again. You may also have damages the diaphram that is inside of the
carb. Kind of plastic like black thing with a metal center..?

There are two routes that can be taken here imho. Buy a complete carb seal
kit (10 to 20 dollars) or get a new carb (40 to 60 dollars).

As far as your email address goes, I *highly* suggest that you 'munge' you
email address. Look at my email address for an example or google 'munge
email' to figure out how. If not you'll end up with tons of spam. The
usenet get's harvested by programs (spiders) that look for email address
in posts. Unless you want 'penis enlargement' adds filling your box...

lol.
Good luck.