Old 18-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Vox Humana

Default HELP

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message
news:4spqc.74199$xw3.4107164@attbi_s04...

"m simpkins" wrote in message
om...
I know nothing about gardening, and i what to stop the wife moening
im going to do a complete makeover of our garden and i dont know
were to start, could you send any details or information or tips on
the best way to do a makeover

Thanks

m simpkins

Do you LIKE to garden? If you don't and know nothing about it as well, you
might be better off hiring a competent designer to plan and implement a

new
garden. It is an investment, but is cheaper in the long run than trial and
error with expensive plants that are inappropriate for your specifc area

and
soil conditions.

There is a HUGE learning curve regarding an entire garden makeover if you
are unfamiliar with gardening - are you willing to undergo that extensive

process? This is the reason landscapers and garden designers are in
business - they already possess that skill set and are an ideal solution

for
someone in your position.

I think you have to live with a property for a time before you get a real
feeling for how it "works." I had a landscape designer draw-up a plan
shortly after I moved into my present house. They installed the hardscape
the first year. The second year I had them install part of the plantings.
I have done the rest, making changes along the way. A lot of the shrubs
installed by the landscape firm were too large or planted too close
together. Other plants proved to be a poor choice for their location. This
was done by a prestigious firm that had been in business for decades.