Old 18-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Rez

Default need to prune tomato plant?

In article , Frogleg wrote:
On 17 May 2004 16:45:37 -0700, (Frank) wrote:
I bought a tomato cage from HD which has 4 rings and 3
stalks.

It should be illegal to sell those. They are *way* too small and
flimsy for healthy tomato plants. Try and rig up some other support
for your plant.

We had some a couple years ago that stayed short and bushy... would
fit fine in such a cage -- my tenant used one, why I don't know. The
cage was redundant cuz the plant was so stiff it could take a 60mph
wind without flinching. Last year we just let them grow any which way
and if they wanted to fall over on the ground, that was fine. Those
are the ones that grew the 12 foot long vines -- I'd like to see a
cage for that size, haha

The two I have out back right now -- one is stiff as a board, the
other flops around in the wind. Different varieties. Stiff plants hold
up better here (high winds most days rip up apart plant that flops
around much).

~REZ~