Old 18-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Stan Goodman

Default Leaf miners on pepper plants

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:07:39 UTC, (Pen) opined:
I used to have leafminers in my columbines. We kept it under control
by simply cleaning up all the dead leaves and yard debris in our yard
in early winter instead of spring. Putting everything in the
composter probably got rid of all the over-wintering leafminers. All
the kitchen scraps we put in our composter over winter probably cooked
any survivors.

Hard to interpret the timing: winter here is the natural growing season.

The way I run my compost pile, there is never a time when it is so hot as to
wipe out life.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendum.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.