Old 18-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Hal

Default lowering PH?

On Mon, 17 May 2004 20:02:39 -0400, "Mon Chi Chi"
wrote:

I do
regular flushing of the pots but I want to know how to ph the water I feed
and flush with..

I have this information related to lowering pH in a fish pond.

Muriatic acid (31% HCl) a doses of approximately 2 fluid ounces per
1000 gallons per day until you reach the desired pH. The acid
consumes the KH (alkalinity or carbonate hardness, the thing that
stabilizes pH in a fish pond.).

Muriatic acid is used for cleaning concrete and you can buy it in the
building supply section of Lowe's or other hardware type stores for a
few dollars a gallon and that will last you a long time.

Always pour acid into the water. Never pour water into the acid!

Regards,

Hal