Old 18-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Garden Emergency

Okay then, put the kids in hermetically sealed plastic bubbles and hide them
away from the cruel world full of evil nasty things. Is that wat you want?

Are you ever aware of when you cross the line from being protective to being
an overly obsessive nut?

If you had any sense at all, you would have checked the warning labels
before letting kids have easy access to the chemicals.

And if you knew anything at all about plants, you would have known that
plant auxins (weed killers) are not toxic in any way to animals or children.

"SueNYC" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message
come on folks we are talking about a eleven year old not an eleven
month old My son an ddaughter garden with me and they are seven and
six I know I don't keep chemicals in my house but I'm pretty sure an
eleven year old can handel a spray bottel my kids also help me clean
I mean really is this a garden group or a bunch of child wellfare
whitch hunters ?

An 11 year old is a CHILD. And no responsible parent or gardener would
leave weed killers and other poisons in reach of kids. I mean c'mon, the

kid
didn't even know what the hell they were spraying! The kid thought it was
insecticide, which is just as bad and something kids should not have

access
to. I stand by what I said..the fact that the original poster lets his

kids
have access to chemicals and poisons, and was freaking out about some

stupid
plants instead of the fact his kid could have poisoned herself, shows he

is
ignorant, irresponsible, and has seriously messed up priorities. So what

if
a plant dies? You can replace it. But if your child dies......

SueNY