Old 19-05-2004, 12:12 AM
ray hucek

Default dying fish-need help please

Joe,
Thanks for the reply.

I tested the water and forgot to give the findings in my original posting.
Sorry--
PH -7.4-7.6
Ammon-- less than 1 PPM.
Nitrite-- .25
water temp- 80 degrees

Any help would be appreciated.
Ray
"joe" wrote in message
What are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrate, ph, etc)?

Joe

On 5/18/04 8:51 AM, "ray hucek" wrote:

I am in need of some advice and hope you could help.

I am having a fish die-off. They are goldfish and the pond is about 6

years
old. I have never had anything like this happen before. There aren't

any
appearant signs of infection on the fish. The only symptoms that I see

are
listlessness at the end of their life. They lose their appetite.

There haven't been any plant or fish additions to the pond. The only
connection that I have seen is this-toads come to mate in my pond as in
previous years. This year, I found a dead toad floating in my pond,

which I
took out. That was about 3-4 weeks ago. Later, all of the tadpoles

died
off. There currently are more and they seem to be doing all right. In

the
past week, I have had 1-3 fish die every day. Is it possible that the

toad
carried a virus that infected the fish?

I have done a water change this past weekend of about 30%. I medicated

it
twice with a combination of formalin and malachite green. The pond is

about
3,000 gallons and has an external filtering system.

I am at a loss. None of the diseases that I have seen described match

this.

I am hoping someone will have some suggestions.

Thanks,

Ray