Old 19-05-2004, 12:25 AM
jammer

Default dying fish-need help please

Hi, I am sorry for your loss. I had a mass tadpole death last year but
it was my fault. This year, so far, so good. It really sounds like
poisoning to me. Good luck in the future....

On Tue, 18 May 2004 15:51:25 GMT, "ray hucek"
wrote:

I am in need of some advice and hope you could help.

I am having a fish die-off. They are goldfish and the pond is about

6 years
old. I have never had anything like this happen before. There

aren't any
appearant signs of infection on the fish. The only symptoms that I

see are
listlessness at the end of their life. They lose their appetite.

There haven't been any plant or fish additions to the pond. The only
connection that I have seen is this-toads come to mate in my pond as

in
previous years. This year, I found a dead toad floating in my pond,

which I
took out. That was about 3-4 weeks ago. Later, all of the tadpoles

died
off. There currently are more and they seem to be doing all right.

In the
past week, I have had 1-3 fish die every day. Is it possible that

the toad
carried a virus that infected the fish?

I have done a water change this past weekend of about 30%. I

medicated it
twice with a combination of formalin and malachite green. The pond

is about
3,000 gallons and has an external filtering system.

I am at a loss. None of the diseases that I have seen described

match this.

I am hoping someone will have some suggestions.

Thanks,

Ray