Old 19-05-2004, 03:05 AM
George

Default dying fish-need help please

"ray hucek" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. I had about 75-80 fish ranging from fry to 6 inches,
but mostly 3-4 ins.

I tested the water and forgot to give the findings in my original posting.
Sorry--
PH -7.4-7.6
Ammon-- less than 1 PPM.
Nitrite-- .25
water temp- 80 degrees

The toad and tadpoles were dead before treating the pond.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ray

That temperature seens a little high to me. Is there any reason why it would be
so high this time of year? Do you have a pump that is overheating? I live in
Kentucky, and my water is running at about 70 degrees right now (but then, the
pond is nearly 4 feet deep). I have never seen it reach 80, even in the middle
of the summer.